When it comes to buying active pickups, nothing is more frustrating than not knowing which one to choose. You might spend hours researching and finding the perfect active pickups.
However, this guide is to give you a rest as we compile top 10 best active pickupss you can buy now. So, without any further ado, let us get started.
Top 10 Best Active Pickups Comparison Table
Our 10 Best Active Pickups Picks:
As we have already shared with you a list of the top active pickups, you should be able to pick the right one for you pretty easily. However, if you are looking for detailed description of what each product does, read on as we go one by one in detail.
1. EMG DG20 David Gilmour Active Pickup Guitar Pickguard Set
- Pro Series David Gilmour custom design
- Custom 11-hole white pearl pickguard with white knobs
- Utilizes Alnico loaded single-coil pickups, Guitar Expander, and presence control
- Increased treble and bass frequencies and enhanced earthiness and mid-range
- Complete and ready to mount to your guitar
2. Fishman Fluence Matt Heafy Custom Active Humbucker 2-piece...
- 2-piece Pickup Set with 1 Active Humbucker 3-voice Alnico Neck Pickup 1 Active Humbucker 3-voice Ceramic Bridge Pickup
3. Fishman Fluence Modern Humbucker Pickup Set with Black...
- Active Humbucking-sized Electric Guitar Pickup Set with Multi-voice Fluence Ce - Black
4. EMG SA/SA/81 Active Strat Guitar Pickup Set, Black
- Brings together the classic EMG 81 with two Alnico V loaded single coil pickups
- This combination is aggressive in the bridge and smooth, yet articulate, in the middle and neck positions
- Can either be fully or partially assembled depending on your guitar and the sound you want
- Uses a solderless wiring system so you can change your pickups easily at any time without any soldering
5. EMG SA Active Single Coil Guitar Pickup Set, Black
- Combines the attributes of the early Strat sounds with added midrange response and higher output
- This gives the pickup "bell-like" harmonics and increased sustain
- This active single coil set, loaded with Alnico V bar magnets, sounds bright and airy with a rich bottom end
- Eliminates noise with internal shielding and a low impedance preamp, without sacrificing a true single coil tone
- The creamy mid-range warmth creates sublime blues tones that are clear, strong and expressive
6. Seymour Duncan Blackouts Set 6 string Electric Guitar...
- A set of active Blackouts humbuckers will turn any guitar into a heavy metal behemoth.
- High output crunch with full frequency range
- Never sterile, organic feel
7. EMG ZW Zakk Wylde Signature Humbucker Guitar Pickup Set,...
- Zakk Wylde Signature Pickup Set
- Includes both EMG 81 & 85 active pickups
- Long shaft volume and tone controls
- Aggressive tone and sustain designed after Zakk Wylde' s sound
- Solderless install system
8. EMG PJ Active Bass Guitar Pickup Set, Black
- EMG's original P adds warmth, and incredible low end punch
- The LJ provides a tight mid-range with dynamic high end response for a well defined attack
- Used separately or in combination, they offer endless options to accommodate modern and traditional playing styles
- Low noise, dependable pickups with tones ranging from tight slap funk, rock, to smooth Motown grooves.With EMG's solderless wiring harness included, the PJ Set is easy to install at home
- International products have separate terms, are sold from abroad and may differ from local products, including fit, age ratings, and language of product, labeling or instructions.
9. Mxfans 2pieces Double Coil Ceramic Magnet Active Pickup fits...
- It is a good ideal for various electric guitar.
- It is very easy to install and is a good replacement.
- Smooth,warm sound with great vitality .
- Size: 89 x 44mm/3.5 x 1.73inch,Please pay attention to the size before buying.
- Package include:2pieces Pickup, 2pieces Connecting Line, 1pieces 9V Power Case, 1pieces Socket, 6pieces screw.
10. EMG 81 Active Guitar Humbucker Bridge/Neck Pickup, Black
- Utilizes powerful ceramic magnets and close aperture coils
- The tone was designed with detailed intensity, incredible amounts of high end cut, and fluid sustain
- In the bridge position of your guitar, it will make your leads slice right through even the densest mix
- When used in both neck and bridge positions the sound can only be described as blistering
- Other recommended pairings include the classic 81/85 setup and the versatile 81/60 combo
Best Active Pickups Buying Guide
The process of choosing a active pickups can be overwhelming. There are so many options to choose from and they all seem like they would work for your needs. This guide will help you figure out what features to look for and how to narrow down your choices so that you can find the perfect active pickups for you!
Look at the Brand
The first thing you should consider when choosing a active pickups is the brand. Some brands are more reliable than others and some have a better reputation than others. You should research different brands and see which ones have the best reviews.
Type of Active Pickups
The next thing you should consider is the type of product. There are so many different types of products on the market. You need to figure out what type of active pickups you need and what will work best for your needs.
Features of Active Pickups
After you have considered the brand and the type of product, you need to look at the features. Every product has different features and some features are crucial. You need to figure out which features are the most important to you and which ones you can live without to make a perfect buying decision.
Consider the Budget
The first thing you should do is set a budget. If your search will be too broad, it might not yield any results at all. So, narrow down the product types and price ranges so there is no possibility of missing anything that matches what you are looking for in the beginning stages. You can always expand your options after narrowing things out.
You will also want to consider how much time you can invest in your search for the perfect active pickups since it might take a while. While buying products online is easy and convenient, the process of finding the right active pickups will be an extensive task if you do not have any idea what would suit your needs best. The more information you have, the easier it will be to find what you are looking for.
Finally, remember one important thing. Not all active pickupss are created equal and some products are more expensive than others. You need to find a product that fits into your budget so that you do not end up spending too much money.
How Durable The Product is?
When you are looking for a active pickups, it is important to consider how durable it is. Some are more durable than others and can last longer. If you are looking for a long-term solution, you should consider one that is more durable.
How Portable The Product Is?
Another thing you need to consider when choosing a product is how portable it is. Some products are more portable than others and can be taken with you on the go. If you need something that you can take with you, you should consider a active pickups that is more portable.
How Easy The Product Is To Use?
The ease of use is an important factor to consider when purchasing a active pickups. You want something that is easy to set up and use without having to read the instruction manual from front to back. Products with clear instructions and helpful customer service are ideal. If you are not sure how to operate a product, you may end up returning it or worse, not using it at all.
How Much Assembly Is Required?
Some products require assembly before they can be used. This is something you want to take into consideration when making your purchase. If you are not handy or do not have the time to assemble a product, you may want to steer clear of those that require assembly.
Does the Active Pickups Come with a Warranty?
When you are buying a product, it is important to consider whether it comes with a warranty. If something goes wrong with the product, you want to be sure that you will be able to get it repaired or replaced. Some products come with warranties from the manufacturer, while others may come with warranties from the store where you bought them.
Make sure you get proper after-sales service if anything goes wrong while using it.
How does The Product look?
Finally, when choosing a product, it is important to consider how the product looks. Some products are more aesthetically pleasing than others and can look better in your home. If you are looking for a product that looks nice, you should consider a product that is easier on the eyes.
Choosing the right active pickups does not have to be difficult! By following these guidelines, you will be able to find the perfect product for your needs.
Now that you know how to choose the best active pickups, it is time to start shopping! Remember to consider your budget, portability, ease of use, and durability when making your purchase. Happy Shopping!
Last update on 2023-03-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API